Count Particles in Body

Discuss issues specific the Javascript port of Box2D
mmpbox

Count Particles in Body

Postby mmpbox » Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:35 am

Hi

I've tested a lot, read the manual and searched in the internet (inclusive this board).

I want to count the Numbers of Particles in a Body. My m2Body is a simple Cup (ignore keyword 'bottle') on a line. This works:

Code: Select all

bd = new b2BodyDef;
   bd.type = b2_dynamicBody;
   bd.position.Set(0, 0);
   var body = world.CreateBody(bd);

shape = new b2PolygonShape;
   var bottle1_x = -3.5;
   var bottle1_y = 5;
   var bottle1_scale = 0.8;
   shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 0 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + 0 * bottle1_scale));
   shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 0.5 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + -4 * bottle1_scale));
   shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 0.7 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + -4 * bottle1_scale));

body.CreateFixtureFromShape(shape, 0.0);

bottle1_x = -3.5;
   bottle1_y = 5;
   bottle1_scale = 0.8;

shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 0.5 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + -4 * bottle1_scale));
   shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 3.5 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + -4 * bottle1_scale));
   shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 3.5 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + -3.8 * bottle1_scale));
   shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 0.5 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + -3.8 * bottle1_scale));

body.CreateFixtureFromShape(shape, 0.1);

bottle1_x = -3.5;
   bottle1_y = 5;
   bottle1_scale = 0.8;

shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 3.5 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + -4 * bottle1_scale));
   shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 4 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + 0 * bottle1_scale));
   shape.vertices.push(new b2Vec2(bottle1_x + 3.3 * bottle1_scale, bottle1_y + -4 * bottle1_scale));

body.CreateFixtureFromShape(shape, 0.2);

I also have a b2ParticleSystem which generates approximately 2000 particles in one group. The group is placed above my cup and falls in gravity driection. A part of the b2ParticleGroup falls in the cup and a part falls away. Everything works fine and with no errors in the console.

But now I need a method to count the amount of particles, which are in the cup. Do you know some solutions to this?

Thank you for a reply! (Sorry for the bad English)
Kind regards mmpbox

Return to “Javascript”