SVN is now on Google

News about Box2D
WilliamS

Re: SVN is now on Google

Postby WilliamS » Mon Apr 18, 2011 7:17 am

Box2D is really one of the best 2 dimensional simulator engine. After its release it has become an ease to document many online flash games as well as iphone, ipad and android games.

shadiq

Postby shadiq » Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:16 am

The information of SVN on Google site help us a lot.
We are really proud of Google.

Hossein

Postby Hossein » Fri Mar 16, 2012 12:18 pm

But here Google Code s*cks dude.
If there is an option to control export restrictions (like that of SourceForge's) please turn off such restrictions to let people from Iran and elsewhere access the project's page.
Thanks in advance.

Erin Catto
Site Admin

Postby Erin Catto » Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:31 pm

From http://code.google.com/projecthosting/terms.html

Export Control.
When posting Content to the Google Code website (http://code.google.com) or when sharing Content obtained from this website with others, you agree that you are solely responsible for complying with U.S. export control regulations, including the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), and all other applicable export and import laws and regulations. These regulations require that all postings of open source encryption code be simultaneously reported by email to the U.S. government. You are responsible for submitting this email report to the U.S. government in accordance with procedures described in: http://www.bis.doc.gov/encryption/PubAv ... ofify.html and Section 740.13(e) of the EAR. Users residing in countries on the United States Office of Foreign Assets Control sanction list, including Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan and Syria, may not post or access Content available through the Google Code website.

Sorry. :(

Hossein

Postby Hossein » Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:06 am

OK; :( nevertheless I bet you didn't read them when you started hosting on Google Code.

Still since your code is not related to cryptography and you're not doing commercial work, and if you don't think the way authorities do, would you please host the project somewhere or on your own site so that people like me can download it? (let alone browsing the repository)

Erin Catto
Site Admin

Postby Erin Catto » Tue Mar 20, 2012 12:31 pm

I would be fine making drops of the code on another site, or perhaps someone from the community would be willing to help out. What site works best for you?

irresistible force

Postby irresistible force » Fri Mar 23, 2012 9:34 am

For a while now I had been considering setting up a snapshot grabber like some other open source projects have, so this thread provided the impetus to finally do it :)
http://www.iforce2d.net/b2dtut/gotchas#svn

Hossein

Postby Hossein » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:43 am

Very helpful indeed! Thank you!

If it's not too much to ask for, please include the doxygen output (the `Box2D\Documentation\API\html` folder in the official zip file download) and PDF version of documentation somewhere for download (maybe in the same zip archive as the checkout?) for the next releases.

Best Regards.

irresistible force

Postby irresistible force » Sat Mar 24, 2012 5:19 am

There is a file 'manual.docx' in the Documentation folder which seems to be the source for the PDF. You can use Open Office to read it if you don't have MSWord. There is also the HTML version too: http://www.box2d.org/manual.html

The doxygen is generated from the source so I'll leave that to you I think. If you have a good IDE (eg. QtCreator :) you don't really need it that much anyway.

antkillerfarm

Postby antkillerfarm » Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:51 am

I sadly receive this email from Google Code

Hello,

Earlier today, Google announced we will be turning down Google Code Project Hosting. The service started in 2006 with the goal of providing a scalable and reliable way of hosting open source projects. Since that time, millions of people have contributed to open source projects hosted on the site.

But a lot has changed since 2006. In the past nine years, many other options for hosting open source projects have popped up, along with vibrant communities of developers. It’s time to recognize that Google Code’s mission to provide open source projects a home has been accomplished by others, such as GitHub and Bitbucket.

We will be shutting down Google Code over the coming months. Starting today, the site will no longer accept new projects, but will remain functionally unchanged until August 2015. After that, project data will be read-only. Early next year, the site will shut down, but project data will be available for download in an archive format.

Perhaps Box2D source code should be moved to another web site.

Hi all:

Maybe we can vote for this issue.

GitHub, Bitbucket, Or SourceForge?

I vote GitHub. :D

Return to “News”